where do I place housing allowance on my IRS form

Where do I place my housing allowance deduction on my IRS form as it is included in my salary?

Comments for where do I place housing allowance on my IRS form

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 13, 2019
Which IRS Form?
by: Vickey

Not sure which IRS form you are referring to?

A quarterly 941 form to report wages?

A Housing Allowance is NOT Reported ANYWHERE on an IRS Form 941. It is considered nontaxable compensation...


it is taxable on a social security level...unless you have opted out...

so if you are referring to your personal federal income tax form, the qualifying housing allowance amount is reported on a Schedule SE.

If you are referring to another IRS form, please comment on this post and let us know =)

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks Desktop and QB Online for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!