We pay our pastor a 5000. benefit package to purchase his insurance. Also he receives a 3600. travel allowance. How do I show this on his W-2

Comments for W-2

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 21, 2013
by: Anonymous

There are many questions you need to look at; check out IRS pub 15 series to research what you need to look at for what is allowed. The main issue will be if the money was paid using the accountable method or not.
Payments related to health care have many issues and you might want to check with a CPA, or call the IRS.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Fringe Benefits.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.