Sending in W-2 to SSA if Minister is Exempt

by Brandy
(De Pere, WI)

Does the church have to send in a W-2 and a W-3 if the Minister has filed Form 4361 and is exempt from Social Security and Medicare Taxes?

vickey's reply

Yes...because they share this information with the IRS. Just fill in boxes 1 and 16 (if your state has income taxes) with their wages.

Include any withheld income tax amounts in boxes 2 and 17. Leave the rest of the numbered boxes blank. Do not insert 0s.

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister's W-2.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!