Reporting Temporary Restricted Funds

by Melanie
(Nevada City, CA, USA)

Is it necessary to report Temporary Restricted Funds in the Income Statement?

Comments for Reporting Temporary Restricted Funds

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 25, 2012
What must be reported on a Statement of Activities (Income Statement)
by: Vcikey

The FASB (Financial Accounting Standards Board) 117 states that your Statement of Activities (Income Statement) must report changes in unrestricted net assets (fund balances), temporarily-restricted net assets, permanently-restricted net assets and total net assets.

So if no changes occurred in the reporting period, then the temporary restricted fund balance would be reported in your Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet).

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Accounting.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.