Reporting Housing Allowance on #941

by Martha M.
(Brookhaven, MS)

Does Church report a ordained minister's housing allowance
on its #941? HELP!!Our Minister of Music is an ordained minister. His part-time employment is paid as a Housing
Allowance. We sent him a letter in lieu of IRS paperwork
filing for 2014. I'm afraid I have erroneously filed our 2014 #941 in reference to his housing allowance. (We don't file our Priest's housing allowance at all..her accountant does her Taxes..she gets a stipend from us.)

Comments for Reporting Housing Allowance on #941

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 24, 2015
Reporting Housing Allowance?
by: Lewis in NC

My first question is does your ordained minister serving as music minister meet ALL qualifications for the IRC 107 Housing Allowance. If he does then, it would not be taxable except for self-employment taxes which he files with his 1040 tax form. A letter to him is all that would be needed to state the housing allowance amount that is approved by the church administration.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!