Pastor's W2 sent to SSA and state tax office?

by Paul
(Charlottesville, VA 22901)

Our church gives the Pastor a W2. He has opted out of Social Security and no taxes are taken out for federal or state as he pays estimated taxes himself. At year's end when we file 1099's on gifts to other ministries that we send to the state and social security administration, should we send a copy of the Pastor's W2 to any of these organizations as well? If so, would we send it with a W3 and we have no state booklet becasue no state taxes are paid.

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister's W-2.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll?

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks Desktop and QB Online for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!