Pastor Housing Allowance

Do I report Pastor Housing Allowance in line 2 of the 941 form?

Comments for Pastor Housing Allowance

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 17, 2013
by: Sandi

There is already a page on this. Look to the left and scroll down to Payroll... or use this:

You can find just about anything on this site, we are blessed to have Vicki!


Jan 17, 2013
Do Not Include Housing Allowance on IRS Form 941
by: Vickey

Thank you Sandi :-)

In answer to the posted question: do not report a minister's housing allowance to the IRS on a 941 Employers Quarterly report.

In January you can either include his housing allowance amount in box 14 on his W-2 (which is labeled “Other”) as a courtesy to the minister...


just include the amount of the allowance in a separate letter to the minister. (This separate letter should not be sent to the IRS and will not be included or attached to the minister's personal tax return.)

NOTE: Employers use Box 14 on Form W-2 to provide other information to employees. Most of the time the amount in Box 14 is for informational purposes only.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to IRS Form 941.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!