Other donation from church

by Anonymous
(Columbia, Sc)

I received other donations from the church that is not a part of my salary, such as Pastor appreciation, vacation pay, birthday etc, from the church. It was place on 1099 was this correct?

Comments for Other donation from church

Click here to add your own comments

May 31, 2021
Employee "Extra" Compensation Reported on W-2
by: Vickey

No. If you are an employee of the church those "gifts" should be reported in Box 1 of your W-2. 1099-NECs are for non-employees.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!