Fringe Benefits-Income Tax Payments

by Secretary
(Naples, Florida)

Is the church legally allowed to pay for what the pastor owes when filing his yearly income tax returns?

Comments for Fringe Benefits-Income Tax Payments

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 12, 2016
Income Tax Payments
by: Lewis in NC

When your pastor files his/her tax return (1040 or 1040A or 1040EZ), he/she is responsible to pay the tax from his/her own personal checking accounts. The church should not be in the business of writing checks for the pastor's individual income tax responsibilities.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Fringe Benefits.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll?

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!