Contributions made to Canadian church from us citizen

We live in the US and pay taxes here, can the donations to the church we attend across the border be deductible on our us taxes?

Comments for Contributions made to Canadian church from us citizen

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 30, 2014
Contributions to Canadian church. . .
by: Lewis in NC

This is most likely not deductible unless you have Canadian income to report also. I "googled" and found some information on this question to get you started toward an answer. . . Please enter the following address to search on your computer and read more: Hope it helps.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Earmarked Contributions.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.