Can you deduct Parsonage Related Expenses

by Becky

I live in a church parsonage, but do not receive an allowance for utilities/expenses. I report the fair market rental value on form SE. Can I deduct the utilities/expenses on SE?

vickey's reply

No. Your employing church would have had to designated a housing allowance for you.

See this informative guide from GuideStone What happens if a church forgets to designate a housing allowance?

Hope this helps,

Church Accounting Package

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.