Voluntary Withholding Agreement

by Tiffany

If our minister would like to set up a voluntary withholding agreement to have us take out Federal withholding, when they fill out the W-4, do they still put in their exemptions and the additional amount or should they just fill in the additional amount they want taken out?

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Comments for Voluntary Withholding Agreement

Click here to add your own comments

Sep 26, 2010
W-4 for a Minister
by: Vickey

Yes...they need to fill it out completely and add the extra amount in to cover the additional amount they want withheld.

You will withhold the correct income taxes using the information provided on the W-4 and also the additional amount requested.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Clergy Tax Q&A.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!