Support from other churches/denomination

by Dave G

As a recent church plant, we are receiving support from sister churches and from our denomination's church planting committee. How should these be accounted for--are they considered contributions, as would money given by individuals? Should we send end-of-the year giving statements to the churches and organizations that support us? Or is there a separate income category to use?

Thanks for your help!

Comments for Support from other churches/denomination

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 03, 2015
Support from other churches/denomination
by: Lewis in NC

There would be no point to providing a giving statement to the churches/denomination. They are used for tax deductions when filing income taxes, but there would be no taxes for those organizations.

Maybe just send them an appreciation letter for their support or a thank you note instead.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Contributions Q&A.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.