Small Church & Forms 941/944

We are a very small church with two priests, both part time. We do no withholding of taxes for them but we do do a W-2 for them which is mainly a housing allowance.

We recently lost our treasurer and I’m helping as a volunteer do the year end stuff. Trying to do the W-2s online but when I try to submit online I have to declare kind of PAyer. I assume we are 941 or 944 payer but can find no record that we have ever filed a 941 which makes sense as we pay no withholding taxes.

What should I do? Is there a number I can call the IRS To find out if we have done those are if we need to do it or if I cannot file on line because of this situation. Thank you for your help hope this all makes sense.

Comments for Small Church & Forms 941/944

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 07, 2021
W-3 Form Instructions
by: Vickey

941 filer even if you have not filed a 941...the church still fits in that category. Also use 501c non-govt. See more instructions on my webpage:

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to IRS Form 941.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!