Retired Clergy Christmas Bonus

(Englewood, CO)

We have a retired pastor who receives a small retirement amount that is 100% Housing. He is issued a 1099-R.
If we give the reitred pastor a Christmas Bonus of $1000. Does this amount need to be reported as income on a 1099-Misc form?

Comments for Retired Clergy Christmas Bonus

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 13, 2018
Housing Allowance - Christmas Bonus
by: David Rutledge

Qualified Housing Allowance would not go on a 1099R - Housing allowance is still non taxable income. The amount would still be subject to Self Employment tax if the minister has not opted out of Social Security

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Love Offerings.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll?

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!