Report Income in the 1040 form or Schedule C?

I am an ordain clery My wages are in a w-2 form can i use it on schedule C?

In form 1040 I report my forms w-2 wages my personal income of 79.00 my clergy wages also are in a w-2form of 4500.00. My question is where do I list this w-2 form in the 1040 form or in the schedule c form for business?

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Comments for Report Income in the 1040 form or Schedule C?

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 10, 2010
Report W-2 Income on a 1040 Form
by: Vickey

Wages from a W-2 are reported on line 7 of a a 1040 form.

You would report all wages from all W-2s on this line.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Clergy Tax Q&A.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.