Reimbursing my health insurance premium from the Health Insurance Exchange

by Bret
(Reno, NV)

Hi. I am the pastor of our small, start-up church. My wife and I are the only employees.

Our church wants to pay for our health insurance (and dental insurance) premiums as a pre-tax fringe benefit to help us.

Our health insurance is from the Nevada government exchange, and our premium is only for the amount we owe after our government subsidy.

Can our church pay this premium directly to the insurance company for us, as a pre-tax fringe benefit, or do we have to pay this monthly premium with our post-tax salary?

Thank you for your help in answering this question!

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Fringe Benefits.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping?

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!