Property Taxes Debit? Credit?

by fwca

Question regarding correct posting of property taxes:

If our church makes deposits into a savings account throughout the year weekly to help save for yearly property taxes, what accounts would I credit and debit?


In double entry accounting, you would debit Property Tax Expense and credit Property Tax Payable.

Have you checked with your state to see if your church is exempt from property tax?

Hope This Helps,

Church Accounting Package

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Accounting.