Pastor Filing 1099

by Char

This is our first year that our Pastor has received an occasional stipend from our church.

How do we go about reporting this #1 for our Pastor and #2 For our Church? The Pastor and the Church all reside in the state of Delaware.

Comments for Pastor Filing 1099

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 24, 2019
Paying Pastors
by: Vickey

Pastors are usually considered employees of their churches by the IRS, so any stipend would be considered compensation for services rendered.

So I would report the stipends in a W-2 for the Pastor. Note: I do not have any bookkeeping or payroll clients in Delaware, so I do not know what you would need to do on the state side...such as registering for a employer number, withholdings, etc. You can call your state department of labor to ask about those things.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister's W-2.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.