Part Time Youth Minister - Full Time Secular Job

Our youth minister is part time. We have been treating him as an employee withholding SS, State tax, and Fed Tax.
He has a full time secular job where they withhold SS, State taxes, Fed taxes, etc.

He wants to be considered a minister and have a housing allowance. Does he qualify for housing allowance?
If he does, I realize we will no longer withhold SS.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister Employee.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.