Ordained associate pastor

by Randy Langeveld
(Jenison Michigan)

As treasurer and payroll administrator, do I withhold FICA, Federal and State taxes for an ordained associate pastor?

Comments for Ordained associate pastor

Click here to add your own comments

May 22, 2013
Ordained associate pastor
by: Anonymous

Pastors do not pay FICA, they pay Self Employment Tax.

You do not withhold any tax $$s unless they request that you do on their W4 form.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister Employee.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.