Only paid our pastor a housing allowance, still issue a W-2?

If all we paid was a housing allowance, do we still issue the pastor a W-2?

vickey's reply

Yes you can. Report it in Box 14 on the W-2. Leave the rest blank.

Or, you can just include the amount of the allowance in a letter to the minister.

See this post for an example of notification letter.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister's W-2.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll?

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!