Non calendar fiscal year

We are on a July 1 to June 30 fiscal year. How do we handle the housing allowance?

Vickey's Reply: Housing allowance payments are totaled and reported to the minister using the calendar year (Jan to Dec), regardless of your fiscal year.

Your donor's annual contribution statements are handled the same way, so make sure ...if you are using accounting/donation software such as Aplos...that you don't choose "last year" to generate your statements =) Use custom dates (Jan 1st to Dec 31st) to get the totals for housing allowance payments and donations from your software.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister Employee.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.