Minstry getting Taxed

by Jay

We started a ministry and are starting to receive substantial donations. In response to our blessing regarding growth, we got a EIN number, fictious name and bank account.

We are now tracking our accounting much better. We are going to giving out our yearly contributions statements this year.

My question is the following>>>>Without a 501c3 can we be taxed on the donations that we have received from that year? I was concerned that we will issue out all this statements and end up getting a bill one day or something..lol BTW we are from VA

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Contributions .

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.