Medicare and Social Security withheld from wages.

by Latoya

I just realized that the church withheld Medicare and Social Security taxes all year for my husband (a new minister). The w-2 reflects this as well as FICA withheld. What do we need to do now in order to file our taxes, reconcile with Social Security Administration? Any help would be great. Thanks.

vickey's reply

Consult a CPA or tax professional.

You may also want to print out the IRS’s Publication 517: Social Security and Other Information for Members of the Clergy and Religious Workers and submit it to your church with the proper procedures highlighted.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister Employee.