How does the Social Security Admin know the proper amount of income ?

by Garry
(Santa Maria)

Where is the proper amount of income reported to the SSA so that they may know the tax amount due from someone in the clergy? The information I find says you must include taxable income and housing allowance among others to get that amount. Yet in your example of filling out a W-2, you say leave box 3 empty. Should not the amount of wages subject to Social Security and Medicare be listed here?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister's W-2.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.