Housing Allowence When Switching Ministry Jobs Mid-Year

by John Davis
(Owensboro, KY)

I am an ordained minister who currently receives housing allowance at my job. I will be transitioning to another ministry job mid year.

How does housing allowance work when you switch jobs in the middle of a calendar year?

Also, we are buying a new house as well. I know ministers can claim a down payment on a house for housing allowance, but I don't want to claim too much because there are only a few months until the end of the year after I switch jobs.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll?

Recommended Resource!

Online classes/courses on how to use QuickBooks Desktop and QB Online for a church! 

Click here for more details!

Use coupon code "FCA" for 10% discount!