Housing Allowance for office space

by Evangelist Diane Meddaugh
(Battle Creek, MI)

I am currently living in a small apartment, and plan on moving into a mobile home that has an extra bed room that will be used as an office.

Would I a be able to take a housing allowance on the difference between the two rents? The difference would be about $150.00.

I do not take a salary, as my ministry on a regular basis is in the nursing homes and senior living complexes.

I am an ordained minister and the ministry DLM Christian Ministries Int'l is State registered as a church, as I take the church to those who can't get out, this ministry also has a foreign missions outreach. This ministry is also involved in home missions outreach and has planned, and put together an Evangelistic Christian concert in the park last summer.

I am in much need of office space, I can no longer handle the amount of work out of my small living room.

Any suggestions, and comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.