Funds Received From Anniversary

by Vanessa
(Chicago, IL, USA)

I'm not sure how to handle the funds received in our Pastor's Anniversary. Our pastor does not receive a salary and so the monies received during the Anniversary are generally designated as a love offering for the pastor.

Most of the offerings received for the pastor are checks written out to the church. How or can we deposit the money in the church account and write the pastor a check? And if so, would it be considered taxable income for the pastor?


Yes it would be taxable income for your pastor. With the checks made out to the church, you will have to deposit them and write out a check to your pastor and include it in your wage reporting for him.

You would also NOT issue contribution receipts to the donors if the contributions were designated for the pstor.

Church Accounting Package

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Love Offerings.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.