First Time Daycare provider living in Parsonage

by Danielle

My husband is an Associate Pastor and we are currently living in a parsonage. I have been providing daycare for a family. They have not withheld taxes on my pay so I am claiming it as self-employed. For half the year we received a housing allowance and now we are currently living in the church's parsonage. Am I still able to claim any home office deductions on my self-employed business(babysitting)?

Comments for First Time Daycare provider living in Parsonage

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 07, 2014
Daycare provider in parsonage
by: Lewis in NC

If the phone expense has been counted with the other housing allowance expenses for the entire year, then what home office expense would you have. Home office expenses are getting harder and harder to claim especially for qualifying ministers with housing allowances. However, you might want to contact a toll free IRS number for your specific situation. Hope this helps.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.