Financing a Parsonage

by Betty

I'm a pastor and currently receiving a weekly amount for housing allowance. The home I live in is personally owned and not receiving the benefit of a parsonage.

In my state, if the property is owned by the church, then the property taxes may be waived (not sure if that's the legally terminology).

My question is this, is there a way to add the church to the title to give them a position of ownership but still keep the mortgage in my name personally and still qualify for the property tax exemption?

I realize this probably isn't an easy answer but curious if there is a way to do it?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.