Exempting from SE Tax

by Randall

Question regarding Form 4361:

I am a fairly new minister and am afraid I have missed the deadline for filing a form 4361. Are their any extensions for this form or exceptions to the rule? I had over $400 earned income in both 2007 and 2008. Is it too late?

vickey's reply

You have till the April 15th of the second year of reporting ministry income over $400.

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Comments for Exempting from SE Tax

Click here to add your own comments

Minister's vs es
by: Anonymous

My son is a lay minister and
D had just started as interim pastor for a small country church. What take as does he pay and his
W is his W2 handled?

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to IRS Form 4361.