Clergy Social Security

by Peggy
(Columbia, SC, USA)

Can the church or should the church pay directly to the clergy half of the social security tax?

Vickey's Reply

Yes you can...if the church is financially able. I believe it is a very nice benefit for your clergy.

However, please be aware that it would be considered taxable income and would need to be included and reported along with his regular wages.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister Employee.