Advice for W-2 form

by Chin Li
(Bloomington, Illinois)

Question regarding an error on a W-2 for a minister:

Thank you for your confirming my thought about the taxable income. Here is the situation I really need your advice.

My minister's wife contacted the church CPA who was the consultant and got the 2008 W-2 form without the church treasurer's approval.

The W-2 form only contained basic salary and housing allowance. Bonus and other taxable incomes were not included.

The church treasurer at that time didn't noticed what had happened then and now the new incoming treasurer finds it. What is you advice for the new incoming treasurer in this situation?

vickey's reply

Contact the church CPA who issued the original W-2. They will tell you what you need to do to correct this issue.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister's W-2.