Patriot Software Advisor

Additional Withholding

by James Odom
(South Hadley, MA )

We have an employee that is requesting that we hold an additional amount from his pay for taxes. We have no problem in doing this. My question is "how do I report it on the Fm 941? and under what column.

When I figure the tax for the quarter it will be less than the amount that was deposited in the bank, because the bank amount will include the additional request from the employee.

I would appreciate your assistance or anyone that can be of assistance, as this is the first time that I have had an employee request additional holding.

Comments for Additional Withholding

Click here to add your own comments

Jun 22, 2013
Additional Withholding
by: Anonymous

The additional would be simply added to and part of the tax that you deposit

Jun 23, 2013
Additional Withholding Reported in Line 3
by: Vickey

The poster above is correct, you would report the additional withholdings in line 3 (Income Tax Withheld) on your Form 941.

Jul 08, 2013
fm 941 instructions thank you
by: Anonymous

Thank you brothers and sisters for your directions. As long as I have been doing the 941 it never occurred to me to include the additional withholding on that line. Thanks again. May God continue to bless each of you.

Nov 05, 2017
Additional Withholding
by: James Odom

I would like to thank each of you for your assistance and comments. We are all set and everything is fine. THANKS AGAIN

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to IRS Form 941.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!