What to do with 1099 after we give them to "vendors"?

So I know any contractor making over $600 gets a 1099, but then what? We don't file any taxes as a tiny congregation. So where do i file these with the federal government?

Vickey's Reply

You will need to file an IRS Form 1096. See more in this page for instructions on doing that by the end of February:


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Church Accounting FAQs.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.