Should I file a tax extension?

by Jarred

April 15th 2021 will be the “2 year deadline” for me to file so I will be sending mine in this month (Jan 2021).

If it takes longer than 3 months to be approved should I file for a tax extension or file my taxes normally. The language says it has to be “filed” by that second year so I would assume if I send it by certified mail and have a receipt that shows I sent it this month then I’d be fine and I should pay my taxes to avoid penalties.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to IRS Form 4361.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!