Nonprofit QuickBooks® Offer
My first choice for church accounting software continues to be Alpos. It is the most user-friendly software I have found so far for churches and nonprofits with limited accounting skills.
However, realizing that some churches prefer desktop accounting software, here is a very special offer from Intuit and Techsoup... (Note: TechSoup now offers the online version of QuickBooks too)
Free QuickBooks® Software
Intuit has teamed up with TechSoup and offering QuickBooks for eligible charities. (A small admin fee will be charged for each download). For the online version, there is an annual admin fee.
Qualifying organizations should register (for free) with TechSoup at http://www.techsoup.org/intuit and begin the process of obtaining the software.
I have set up
several churches in the online version of QuickBooks® and like the
extensive reporting capabilities among other things with the software.
However, I do NOT recommend setting it up yourself without at least one of the resources below...
Our QuickBooks DIY Training:
This Do-it-yourselfer package is a great option for those who want to handle the books themselves, while still getting a good deal with some guidance on setting up and using Aplos or QuickBooks Online effectively for a church or nonprofit.
The package includes:
- Initial file set up (or set up review) and 1 to 2 hour consultation to ensure you are off to a good start
- Unlimited access to all resources you will need for training on a dedicated page with password access INCLUDING all of my digital ebooks and spreadsheets sold on this site
- A 1 to 2 hour follow up consultation to ensure you are on the right track and answer any questions you may have
- A final one-hour follow up consultation to ensure you continue on the right track and answer and questions you may have
Want to set up QuickBooks Online for your church or nonprofit, but do not know where to even begin? Let Lisa London, CPA and author of QuickBooks for Churches and Nonprofits, take you step by step through setting it up and using QBO for your church or nonprofit organization in her online courses!
I highly recommend "The Accountant Beside You" QB ONLINE COURSES
*Use the discount code FCA for a 10% savings!
Resource Books for Setting QuickBooks®
Save yourself frustration and incorrectly setting up QuickBooks® for your organization by purchasing Lisa London's QuickBooks® for Churches and Nonprofits! I have these books and they sit right by my computer. They are marked up and full of sticky notes =) Don't attempt to use QuickBooks® without having one of the following books in your own library!
QuickBooks Online® for Churches and Not-for-Profit Organizations
This book contains hundreds of screenshots that helps you set up and use QuickBooks Online (QBO) effectively.
- Procedures to guard against theft and errors
- Designing a chart of accounts (with examples for different types of nonprofits in the appendix)
- Converting a desktop QuickBooks organization into QBO
- Tracking donor gifts and grants
- Importing donor and vendor contact information
- Receiving money, paying bills, and tracking credit card charges
- Reconciling accounts
- Designing management reports
- Month-end and Year-end procedures
- Tracking fundraisers, in-kind donations, volunteer hours
- And so much more!
Click to read more on this great resource book!
Bundle any of Lisa's books and my book "The How-To Guide for Small & Growing Churches" for one low price. Just click on the radio button that says: Add Church Accounting: The How-to Guide and save $5 under the "Save money by bundling your purchases" headline!
QuickBooks® for Churches
Lisa will walk you through QuickBooks® DESKTOP from setup to finish, complete with examples, terminology, and everything a busy church administrator or bookkeeper needs to know.
The book is written for beginner and advanced church bookkeepers alike, in a friendly and easy-to-understand style. It includes:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up QuickBooks® and utilize it efficiently
- Valuable tips on how to make QuickBooks® work better for churches
- Numerous illustrative screenshots and time-saving shortcuts
Click here to read more.
Use the discount code: FCA
Using QuickBooks® for Nonprofit Organizations, Associations, & Clubs
Steps the reader through setting up and using QB in a nonprofit environment. Includes:
- Manage member dues, fundraisers, and trips
- Track grants and contracts
- Allocate overhead to programs & grants
- Sample charts of accounts for associations, PTAs, private schools, scouting troops, and civic groups
Click here to read more
Need help setting up an effective accounting system!
Overwhelmed with the accounting part of your ministry?
Have a high turnover of individuals keeping the books?
Hiring a full time in-house bookkeeper not affordable or even a possibility at this time?
Let us take care of your books!
We can also set up an accounting system and train you how to use!