My first choice for church accounting software continues to be Alpos. It is the most user-friendly software I have found so far for churches and nonprofits with limited accounting skills.
However, realizing that some churches prefer desktop accounting software, here is a very special offer from Intuit and Techsoup... (Note: TechSoup now offers the online version of QuickBooks too)
I have set up several churches in the online version of QuickBooks® and like the extensive reporting capabilities among other things with the software.
However, I do NOT recommend setting it up yourself without at least one of the resources below...
This Do-it-yourselfer package is a great option for those who want to handle the books themselves, while still getting a good deal with some guidance on setting up and using Aplos or QuickBooks Online effectively for a church or nonprofit.
The package includes:
- Initial file set up (or set up review) and 1 to 2 hour consultation to ensure you are off to a good start
- Unlimited access to all resources you will need for training on a dedicated page with password access INCLUDING all of my digital ebooks and spreadsheets sold on this site PLUS I will mail you my hardback book: How To Guide for Small and Growing Churches
- A 1 to 2 hour follow up consultation to ensure you are on the right track and answer any questions you may have
- A final one-hour follow up consultation to ensure you continue on the right track and answer and questions you may have
- Option for additional pay-per-use* training and consultation sessions.
This value packed training package has an introductory price of only $825! (DIY Training only)
Better yet, if purchased in combination with the monthly Team bookkeeping package (description on the Bookkeeping Package page) the price is reduced to $625!
Save yourself frustration and incorrectly setting up QuickBooks® for your organization by purchasing Lisa London's QuickBooks® for Churches and Nonprofits! I have these books and they sit right by my computer. They are marked up and full of sticky notes =) Don't attempt to use QuickBooks® without having one of the following books in your own library!
This book contains hundreds of screenshots that helps you set up and use QuickBooks Online (QBO) effectively.
Lisa will walk you through QuickBooks® DESKTOP from setup to finish, complete with examples, terminology, and everything a busy church administrator or bookkeeper needs to know.
The book is written for beginner and advanced church bookkeepers alike, in a friendly and easy-to-understand style. It includes:
Steps the reader through setting up and using QB in a nonprofit environment. Includes: