by John Carver
(Spring Hill, FL)

How is the best way to handle and record one time large gift. We need to separate it from our regular giving so it does not inflate our future budgeting.

Comments for Question

Click here to add your own comments

Depends on your Accounting Software
by: Vickey

If you are using QB or QBO....set up a new "Other Revenue" account and title it "restricted donations" or anything you want.

It will appear at the bottom of your Statement of Activity AFTER the NET OPERATING REVENUE.

You can also set up "Other Expenditure" for any expenses applied against it.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Church Accounting FAQs.