Question about a staff minister's position eligibility.

We are a church of about 350, and we have a a Daycare that is in the same building. One of our credentialed minister that works for our now under our Daycare and we are beginning to pay him $200 per week from the church to cover his assignments from the church.

My question is, can we move him completly to the church side as a minister and give under his job discription church assignments, along with Daycare responsibilities? We will pay from the daycare to the church an occupency fee enough to cover the work he does for the Daycare and split his salary with church and daycare. Also can he qualify for exempt status by doing this?

Hope this question makes sense!

Thanks, Pastor Danny

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Clergy Tax Q&A.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!