Paint for parsonage

by Lynda

We have a new interim pastor and he has agreed to do some painting at the parsonage that the church provides to him as part of his package. What category does the paint get charged to? Housing allowance or building and ground maintenance repair? He has been advised by someone in the congregation that it is pastoral reimbursables.

For my bookkeeping knowledge it seems to me that this is not a pastoral reimburse able.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Church Accounting FAQs.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.