Non Cash Contribution of Event Space

by Michelle

Question regarding non cash contribution:

We recently had an event at a Wine House as a fund raiser. We are a 501 3 c. Can I issue this Wine House a non-cash contribution letter? To have an event there is normally $1500, we paid $200 for wine only. Can I issue them a tax deductible letter for $1300?

Vickey's reply

According to Dan Busby's Church and Nonprofit Tax and Financial Guide: "the gift of the right to use property does not yield a tax deduction to the donor."

However, this is a much debated issue so you may want to consult a CPA about it.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Contributions .

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.