Housing Allowance and Wages / SE Tax

by Maria
(New Rochelle, NY )

On Turbo Tax there is an option to pay SE Tax on Wages alone, housing allowance alone or BOTH wages and housing allowance. Can you just pay SE Tax on wages and not the housing allowanc eand pay the SE Tax later on in the following year? Hope this question makes sense...

vickey's reply

Yes...your question makes sense and no...you can't. Sadly, the SE tax on your housing allowance and wages must be paid when you file your taxes for that year.

Comments for Housing Allowance and Wages / SE Tax

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 24, 2017
by: Anonymous

I use turbo tax and when I entered amount to pay SE tax on income and housing allowance it said that I did not owe any. Is this correct?

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Clergy Tax Q&A.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!