Estimated taxes reported on 1040

by Melissa
(Huntsville, AL)

Our pastor is only receiving a housing allowance, with no other wages from the church. He is making estimated tax payments for the housing allowance.

At the end of the year I will only need to provide him a letter stating the total amount of his housing allowance for the year, correct?

Also, when he gets ready to file his taxes (he also works outside the church) is the amount he previously paid for his estimated taxes reported on Schedule SE?

Know the answer? Face the same situation? Please post your answer or comment by using the "comment" link below. Thank you!

Comments for Estimated taxes reported on 1040

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 17, 2011
Report Estimated Tax Payments
by: Vickey

Yes. You only need to provide him with a statement on church letterhead with the appropriate information included.

He would report his estimated tax payments on line 65 on his 1040.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Clergy Tax Q&A.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!