Denominational change criteria to re-open two year window

by Seth

I worked for a small, non-denominational missionary organization in Texas from 2007-2009. I received a housing allowance, but did not opt out of social security.

I then worked secular jobs from 2009-2013, and am now a pastor at a non-denominational church in Colorado. Does that qualify as a denomination change and re-open the two year window to file the 4361?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to IRS Form 4361.

If you want to DIY your payroll, I highly recommend you look at using Gusto! It is very user friendly and their support is awesome! Plus they know how to set up and maintain payrolls for churches and nonprofit organizations.

Note: I am a "partner" of Gusto, but as I have told you before ... I never recommend anything that we or our clients have not tried and love =)

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.