Church construction.

by Carlos
(Katy texas)

We are a non profit organization. We purchased our land in cash and we recorded the transaction to fixed asset.

We are now building our church on said property and have been recording all the expenses of construction as a construction expense.

Question: How do I record the value of the of building in the fixed asset section? Or should I have been doing it as we paid the expenses in construction? Thank you

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Church Accounting FAQs.