1099's for traveling ministers

by Cara
(Wenatchee, WA)

Do you include payments to the minister for reimbursable expenses i.e. airfare, hotel etc. if it's paid directly to the minister rather than the airline or hotel in addition to the monies received for their services?

Comments for 1099's for traveling ministers

Click here to add your own comments

What to Include on a Traveling Minister's 1099
by: Vickey

Yes. Everything paid directly to him should go on a 1099. He can then deduct the eligible business expenses off his personal tax return.

what to include
by: Anonymous

It depends on so many things!
You might want to start with looking to the left and scrolling down to Clergy and go from there.


Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Church Accounting FAQs.