W-2 or 1099 ?

Most tax professionals will tell you unless the pastor has full control over the church...they should be considered an employee of the church and be issued a W-2 to report compensation.

My question is: What if the Pastor does have full control over the church? Where is instructions on this? What is the determining factor to file a 1099-Misc?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Minister Employee.

Need a Consultation, help setting up an effective Accounting System, or someone to do your monthly bookkeeping?