Retiree Housing Allowance

by John

As a retired pastor can I claim any portion of my housing expenses as an allowance for Federal Taxes?

Comments for Retiree Housing Allowance

Click here to add your own comments

May 01, 2015
Retireee Housing Allowance for Clergy
by: Lewis in NC

There is still a formality to setting up a properly approved housing allowance for retired clergy, and it is done through the various religious denominational organizations. For example the Methodist Church Conference would set the allowances for their retirees. I would "google" this question for retired clergy not affiliated with a denomination to see what the procedure is. The IRS website may have more information on this subject. Hope this will be helpful.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!