Part time ministers

Can a minister who is employed by a church part time to handle youth activities or other related church activities be granted a housing allowance even tho he holds a full time secular job?

Comments for Part time ministers

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 15, 2014
Housing Allowance for part time ministers
by: MarcusNTexas

Guidestone has provided a very helpful website to help address this question. Take a look at the "frequently asked questions" addressing the question of who is considered a minister for tax purposes by the IRS.

I hope this helps.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Housing Allowance.

Need training on how to use QBO or Aplos effectively for a church or better yet ...need an expert in either of those accounting software to do your monthly bookkeeping and/or payroll? See more on our accounting services!